Trials of Heather

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I went to the doctor on Tuesday... So basically the Dr thinks I have a "molar degeneration of placental tissue" also called a Hydatidiform mole. She told me that it is a kind of tumor of tissue from placenta. They said it is treated with a D&C and methotrexate (which is a anti-cancer drug) I researched this all online last night and found out more than I probably should have and am worried/scared...It could be benign but it could be cancerous to...And I may not be able to have a baby for up to a YEAR...I haven't talked to the doctor yet about it too much...Since I was in shock when I went in, and because of this, she wrote everything down for me (or maybe she always writes things down for people, I don't know, since this was my first visit with her.) After my researching, I am pretty positive that that is what it is... I really am so sick of dealing with this crap, I just want it over with already... I started bleeding on Saturday, and thought it might be my period, she doesn't think so... I guess the whole thing is rare, but I am the lucky one. I pretty upset about this whole thing...I just want some kind of normalcy in my life again...At first I stopped talking to my husband about all of this because he doesn't get it...I told him the facts and ended it there. He was making it worse... Now that everything is scheduled for a D&C tomorrow, I had no choose. I told him... He has been very supportive of everything since I told him this morning...

I am crying of course because on one hand it is upsetting and on the other it is a relief because I have been dealing with this shit for so long.

I waited to post anything on this blog because I was scared and didn't know what I should do...They wanted me to wait at first...But I opted to just do the D&C. I am so sick of this... I am scared of this D&C.... I just have to suck it up and get through this.

9 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The worst part of the D&C for me was the anasthetic. Hopefully it all goes well!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to view your site before, but for some reason, it wouldn't load. I'm so sorry to hear of all you have been through as of late. I have been working on a post about my D&C, but I haven't finished it yet. I was terrified to get the D&C, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Like Angella, the anesthesia was the worst part. I will try to get this post up this evening so you will know somewhat what to expect. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss and that you are dealing with the molar pregnancy on top of it. I had a friend who had a molar pregnancy last year, and she is TTC again now. They just monitored her HCG levels after the D&C for 6 months. She didn't have any complications, and things are fine. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

I'm at work, so I haven't been able to catch up on your entire story, but I'll check in later.

Sending you a big hug.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger moi said...

have been reading your blog from the beginning.

again, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. words can't adequately describe.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Dr. Grumbles said...

I am new to your blog. I saw your post on Nikole's blog where you said you were having a D&C. I am sorry you have to go through this. I hope it as painless as is possible for the procedure.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kellie said...

Found your blog through Nikole's - thinking of you and wishing you the best. (I'm in Wisconsin too!)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Nicky said...

Hi, Im so sorry youre going thru this. If you read Nikoles D&C entry - that is exactly what you can expect, that was exact to mine. It is awful that on top of that you have the extra stress & difficulty of a molar pregnancy. I dont know much abt these but it is good for you to be informed & empowered but yes it also brings additional anxiety. Thinking of you

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Seri said...

I am so sorry to hear of your pain, and waiting. I, too, am experiencing what you are going through, and it's been almost 3 months for me and I am still not "normal". It wears on a person emotionally. Just when you think there is hope, you are slammed down by another load of crap.
I just wanted to send you some happy vibes, and tell you if you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to email.
Big hugs...
Amber

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Thalia said...

Heather I'm sorry, this is just going on and on being awful for you. I hope tomorrow it is finally over and they can remove any tissue. Although it's very scary, this does not mean the end of your fertility, nor does it mean life is over - a friend of mine went on tohave her daughter after a hydatiform mole.

I hope you are recovering.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Am sending you a big hug!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home