Trials of Heather

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ever since I miscarried (which was only a week or so ago) I have been really upset... I really wanted that baby so badly...and yes, it was a little bit unplanned, but we both wanted it... Now I question if I even want to try again since I worry that it will happen again...and if I would miscarry again, I don't know if I could handle it. My husband doesn't want me to tell anyone since it was going to be our 1st child, so it makes me feel like I have to handle this on my own...and it is rough... I feel so alone in this whole thing.... I was so excited when I found out that we were pregnant and then a week later I started spotting... It horrible... I was so excited to tell my dad for father's day that he would be a grandfather, and then it was gone. I find myself getting a little jealous of pregnant women that I see... I find myself blaming myself for what happened... Like maybe I shouldn't drank that diet Mountain dew every morning... (I stopped once I found out that I was pregnant) but I am finding myself blaming me for everything that went wrong.

4 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember feeling exactly like you do. Just remember:

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!

Up to 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage - you're not alone.

And at least you know you're fertile - and one day you WILL have a baby!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

It isn't your fault. I know that is probably not any comfort to you, but it isn't your fault.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Thalia said...

I'm sorry that you had a miscarriage, Heather. It's distressing no matter whether the baby was planned or not. And of course it isn't your fault. You might want to read 'coming to term' by Jon Cohen, it talks through all the possible factors behind miscarriage. I found it very helpful.

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had 2 miscarriages and went on to have 2 healthy children...don't give up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home